Pedestrians will find
local streets easier
to navigate if a new
plan is implemented.
full plan by
Capitol Region Council
- America Walks is a national coalition of local advocacy groups
dedicated to promoting walkable communities.
- This site tells you how to help create neighborhoods and communities
where people walk and bicycle.
– A group that promotes awareness of issues of affecting the
safety of people who walk.
- A site maintained by the National Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety
Information Center in cooperation with the US Dept. of Transportation,
Center for Disease Control and Prevention and the Highway Safety
– Site has a walkablility checklist for communities –
gives a rating and suggestions
- This site operated by the National Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety
Information Center is a clearinghouse for information about health
and safety, engineering, advocacy, education, enforcement and access
– A site with extensive resource listings on roundabouts.
- A site developed by the Institute of Traffic Engineers with a
library of traffic calming measures, drawings, reports and links.
Programs and Organizations
– A site with extensive information on transportation policy
and practice, fact sheets and reports on issues and state by state
– A site of the Access Board, an independent federal agency
devoted to accessibility for people with disabilities.
www.completestreets.org - A website that supports a growing movement to “complete
the streets” which promotes street design that welcomes
everyone, whether young or old, motorist or bicyclist, walker
or wheelchair user, bus rider or shopkeeper..